Most of Terry’s professional time is devoted to litigation on behalf of the employers she represents. She defends employers charged with discriminating on the basis of age, race, disability, religion, and/or gender under Title VII, the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA). She is also well versed in the requirements of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Terry is a formidable opponent in the courtroom, with a pleasant but penetrating style that serves her clients well. Terry also excels as an appellate advocate. She has authored numerous appellate briefs and successfully argued before the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals many times.
Likewise, Terry has a proven track record of successfully defending employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the Kansas Human Rights Commission (KHRC), the Department of Labor (DOL), and the Kansas Department of Labor (KDOL).
Terry’s appellate practice focuses mainly on the employment arena, although she has enjoyed a great deal of success in other aspects of civil appellate work as well. Terry is well versed in the rules of appellate procedure, including the briefing and oral argument requirements of the federal and Kansas appellate courts.
- Washburn University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1986
- St. Mary of the Plains College, B.S., magna cum laude, 1977
- Kansas, 1986
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1986
- United States Supreme Court, 2000
- Kansas Board for Discipline of Attorneys
- Kansas Board of Law Examiners, (1995 - 2015); Vice Chair (2006 - 2013); Chair (2013 -2015)
- National Conference of Bar Examiners, The Bar Examiner Magazine, Editorial Advisory Committee (2011-2012)
- Washburn University School of Law, Board of Governors (2005-2009)
- Kansas and Wichita Bar Associations, Member
Awards and Recognition
- Best Lawyers in America, 2006 - 2022
- Best Lawyers in America, Wichita Employment Law Lawyer of the Year, 2019
- Kansas Super Lawyer, 2005 - 2020
- America’s Leading Lawyers in the Field of Employment Discrimination Defense by Chambers USA, 2003 - 2017
CONFIDENT is more than just a self-assured term for us.
At Martin Pringle, it’s the straightforward and simplified process by which we approach legal matters.