Meet Dennis Wetta
Dennis Wetta grew up in rural west Sedgwick County, a short 20-minute drive northwest of Wichita. He maintains a close tie with the small communities of western Sedgwick County. Having grown up and continuing to work in these neighboring but distinct communities has afforded Dennis an uncommon perspective on the legal needs of his clientele living in these rural communities, cities and suburbs. Dennis has 30 years experience practicing law and spent his initial 12 years practicing with his father’s law firm prior to joining Martin Pringle in 2003. He practices in the areas of estate and trust planning, estate administration, real estate and business law.
Dennis assists clients with estate planning, including asset protection, asset transfer, and estate tax planning. He drafts wills and trusts, including those involving complex estates and family business succession plans, depending on the needs of the client. No matter how small or large an estate is, orderly transfer of a client’s assets is always a prime goal. Dennis is well versed in the ever-changing law in this area and employs wealth transfer strategies that protect assets and minimize tax burdens.
Estate administration is another important facet of this area of law. Dennis has ably handled the administration of decedents’ estates throughout his 30 years of practice. Dennis pilots each client through the Kansas Probate Law to a destination best suited to that client’s particular needs. He has an excellent track record of representing clients in probate litigation and other contested matters. He also analyzes fiduciary surety bonds and provides coverage opinions for insurance carriers facing claims asserted against their bonds.
Dennis maintains a thriving real estate practice. He represents buyers and sellers in real estate transactions ranging from agricultural land to commercial property. Dennis has a comprehensive understanding of different types of real property transactions and, therefore, is able to tailor and perform pre-purchase due diligence specifically suited to his clients’ needs. A shrewd negotiator, Dennis’s skills are recognized as a true asset in land acquisitions and sales alike.
Dennis assists his clients in establishing, or restructuring, their businesses in a variety of corporate entities. He helps clients determine whether a limited liability company (LLC), limited liability partnership (LLP), subchapter “S” corporation, or chapter “C” corporation will best suit their needs. He also handles business sales and acquisitions, such as assisting in the performance of due diligence, and offering consulting services on a one-time, or ongoing basis.
- Washburn University School of Law, J.D., 1991
- Benedictine College, B.A., 1987
- Kansas, 1991
- Wichita Bar Foundation President, 2014 - 2016
- Wichita Bar Foundation Board of Governors, 2010 - 2016
- Kansas and Wichita Bar Associations, Member
- Wichita Bar Association, President (2002 - 2003), President Elect (2001 - 2002), Vice-President (2000 - 2001), Secretary-Treasurer (1999 - 2000)
- Wichita Young Lawyers, President (1995 - 1996)
- Wichita Bar Association, Real Estate Committee
- Wichita Bar Association, Estate Planning Committee
- Wichita Bar Association, Service to the Bar
- St. Catherine of Siena Catholic Parish Parishioner
- Legal Counsel to Colwich Community Foundation, Inc.
- Counsel to Colwich Baseball Club with the Colwich Community Foundation
Civic / Social Involvement
- Benedictine College Alumni Board, Member
- Bishop Carroll Parent Teacher Organization, Member and Volunteer
- Colwich Baseball Club, Attorney
Awards and Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rating
- Best Lawyers in America, 2016 - 2023
- Best Lawyers in America, Business Organizations Lawyer of the Year, 2023
- Wichita Bar Association, President's Award, 2014
CONFIDENT is more than just a self-assured term for us.
At Martin Pringle, it’s the straightforward and simplified process by which we approach legal matters.