Meet Marcia Wood
Marcia Wood began her legal career with a six-year term as law clerk for the Honorable Frank G. Theis, Senior District Judge for the United States District Court, District of Kansas. In that position, she learned first-hand the persuasive power of a well-written and carefully researched brief. Since joining Martin Pringle in 2006, Marcia’s practice consists primarily of brief-writing, both at the trial and appellate levels. She provides research and writing in a wide variety of civil litigation matters; including medical malpractice defense, product liability, commercial litigation, and employment litigation. Marcia also has experience representing clients in municipal and commercial financing and related real estate transactions
Starting with her term as Note and Comments Editor for the Kansas Law Review, Marcia is an experienced legal writer. She has successfully briefed a variety of procedural and substantive matters before the Kansas Court of Appeals, the Kansas Supreme Court, and federal appellate courts. Marcia has also participated in oral argument before the Kansas Court of Appeals and has spoken on appellate procedure issues. She is a member of the Kansas Bar Association Appellate Section's executive committee.
Before joining Martin Pringle, Marcia practiced for several years in the area of municipal finance law. In that practice, she represented local governments, underwriters, and developers in industrial revenue bond issues, general obligation bonds, and government revenue bond issues, with transactions ranging from a few thousand dollars to tens of millions. Her experience includes tax increment financing (TIF) and economic development exemptions from ad valorem property taxation (EDX). Marcia now represents private sector clients who are involved in industrial revenue bond and other economic development transactions.
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif, 1992
- University of Kansas, B.A., with distinction, 1988
- Kansas, 1992
- Missouri, 1993
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1997
- Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2010
- United States Supreme Court, 2010
- Wichita Bar Association, Past President
- Wichita Women Attorneys Association, Past President
- Kansas Bar Association, Member
- Wichita Bar Association, Member
- Kansas Bar Association, Appellate Section Executive Committee Member
- Wichita Bar Association, Bar-O-Meter Committee, Former Co-Editor
- Wichita Bar Association, Public Relations/Law Day Committee, Former Law Day Chair
- Kansas Women Attorneys Association, Member
Civic / Social Involvement
- Robinson Middle School Foundation, Board Member
- Dear Neighbor Ministries, Past Chairperson, Board of Directors
- StepStone, Inc., Past Chairperson, Board of Directors
Awards and Recognition
- Wichita Business Journal, Women in Business, 2021
- Wichita Business Journal, Women Who Lead in Legal, 2021
- Wichita Women Attorneys Association, Louise Mattox Award, 2014
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013 - 2022
- Kansas Super Lawyer, 2018, 2019
- Best Lawyers, Wichita Appellate Lawyer of the Year, 2015, 2017
- Martindale-Hubbell, BV Rating
- Wichita Bar Association President's Award, 2009
- "Legislature needs to make court funding a priority." Wichita Eagle, April 3, 2017.
CONFIDENT is more than just a self-assured term for us.
At Martin Pringle, it’s the straightforward and simplified process by which we approach legal matters.