To schedule mediation with William A. Mallory, please choose:
Meet Bill Mallory
Bill Mallory is a partner in our Overland Park office, where his main areas of practice are business law, civil and commercial litigation, and insurance defense. He has a broad background in general civil practice, with an emphasis on personal injury, insurance defense, and business litigation.
After practicing in Mid-Missouri from 1977 to 1989, Bill moved to Kansas City, where he focused his practice exclusively on litigation, including substantial experience handling medical malpractice litigation. During his career, he has tried numerous jury trials in Missouri and Kansas and has successfully argued cases before all Missouri appellate courts and the Missouri Supreme Court as well as appearing pro hac vice in other jurisdictions. Bill has tried a variety of cases before judges and juries in state courts in Missouri and Kansas, and in the U.S. District Court in Missouri.
He also provides legal counsel and litigation support to a number of the firm's business and corporate clients. Additionally, Bill provides legal counsel and litigation support to health care providers and medical practice groups. Bill has completed training through the University of Missouri Law School, Center for the Study of Dispute Resolution and is listed as an approved mediator by The Missouri Bar and the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri.
He earned his B.S. degree from the University of Missouri, Columbia; and his J.D. degree, with distinction, from the University of Missouri School of Law and has been selected by his peers as one of The Best Lawyers in America in 2013 and 2014. He is a frequent author and presenter at CLE seminars in Kansas and Missouri.
Complex Business Litigation
Bill is an accomplished commercial litigator with experience in contract cases, stockholder disputes, construction litigation matters, and a broad range of professional negligence cases. He has also successfully represented clients in administrative proceedings and in mediations and arbitrations, in state and federal courts in Kansas and Missouri. Bill has also served pro hac vice in Nebraska, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Colorado and other jurisdictions. Bill has a well-earned reputation for vigorous and effective advocacy, grounded in a thorough grasp of commercial law and steadfast attention to the practical realities of business disputes.
Bill has tried hundreds of cases, including numerous jury trials, many of which involve complex legal and scientific issues. He has a successful track record in litigating claims involving both personal and commercial lines of liability insurance, including transportation litigation, homeowners and premises liability, and products liability. He is experienced in litigating and advising insurance clients on insurance coverage issues.
Bill’s practice also includes mediation of personal injury claims, contract disputes and other commercial cases. Over the years, he has developed a good feel for the local legal landscape as well as the complex of interrelated elements that result in a case being successfully tried or settled. Through mediating hundreds of cases as an advocate, he has also gained insight into the factors that allow parties to achieve resolution of their disputes. Bill has represented both plaintiffs and defendants throughout his career, and has settled and tried cases in state and federal court including personal injury lawsuits, medical malpractice, products liability, breach of contract cases, stockholder disputes, construction litigation and many other types of cases.
He has completed training through the Center for the Study of Dispute Resolution at the University of Missouri School of Law, and is listed as an approved mediator by the Missouri Bar and the United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri.
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, J.D., with distinction, 1976
- University of Missouri, B.S., 1974
- Kansas, 1997
- Missouri, 1977
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rating
- Missouri, Kansas, Johnson County and Kansas City Metrpolitan Bar Association's, Member
- DRI, Member
- Kansas Association of Defense Counsel (KADC), Member
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers, Member
- Claims & Litigation Management Alliance (CLM), Member
Awards and Recognition
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013 - 2023
- Kansas & Missouri Super Lawyer, 2020
Published Articles / Presentations
- Moderator. "Communicating with Judges: Motions, Conferences and More." National Business Institute. Planned May 2020.
- Moderator. “The Judges Speak: Civil Court Litigation Do’s and Don’ts – Learn What the Civil Court Judges Want You to Know to be a Better Advocate.” National Business Institute. May 2019.
- "Legal Ethics," Personal Injury Evidence: Social Media, Smartphones, Experts and Medical Records. National Business Institute. June 2018.
- Moderator. "As Judges See It: Top Mistakes Attorneys Make in Civil Litigation." National Business Institute. December, 2017.
- Personal Injury 101, "Standing on Ethical Ground," and "Major Elements of Local Procedure." National Business Institute. June, 2017. Lecture.
- "Expert Witnesses: Using Kansas Court Rules To Your Advantage; Admission Hurdles For Expert Testimony.” National Business Institute. April, 2016. Lecture.
- "It's Legal, But is it Right; Dirty Litigation Tactics, How to Deal with the Rambo Litigator." National Business Institute. May 2015. Lecture.
- Moderator. "As Judges See It: Top Mistakes Attorneys Make in Civil Litigation." National Business Institute. May 2014.
- "How do I best insulate myself and my company against tort litigation?" Kansas City Business Journal - Ask the Professionals, 21 February 2014. Print.
- "Current Issues in Duty to Defend, Duty to Indemnify." Insurance Law 2013, National Business Institute. September 2013. Lecture.
- "Taking a Slip, Trip and Fall Case." Litigating Slip, Trip and Fall Cases in Kansas, National Business Institute. May 2013. Lecture.
- "Bad Faith Litigation." Insurance Coverage Litigation Seminar, National Business Institute. June 2012. Lecture.
- "Ethical Issues and Solutions." Insurance Coverage Litigation Seminar, National Business Institute. June 2011. Lecture.
CONFIDENT is more than just a self-assured term for us.
At Martin Pringle, it’s the straightforward and simplified process by which we approach legal matters.