Martin Pringle attorneys offer targeted legal advice and counsel to homeowner, condominium and community associations throughout Kansas and Missouri. We’ll provide you with comprehensive legal services and have you proudly walking out your door humming…would you be mine? Could you be mine? Won't you be my neighbor?
Attorneys in Homeowners Association Law
Martin Pringle attorneys provide counsel to homeowner associations, condominium owner associations, and other community associations, such as townhomes and villas throughout Kansas and Missouri. We offer targeted legal advice regarding day-to-day operations for a number of sophisticated clients, including community association boards and management companies.
Our attorneys are well-versed in dealing with governance matters, covenant enforcement issues, and common area problems. We stay abreast of this frequently changing area of law so that our clients are aware of statutory changes and case law developments.
We provide comprehensive services to our homeowner and condominium association clients, including:
- Advising in the application of state and local law and court rulings affecting community associations.
- Interpretation, amendment and enforcement of the Association governing documents —declarations, covenants, Articles of Incorporation, Bylaws, and rules and regulations.
- Answering day-to-day questions regarding operational, technical, regulatory and practical issues.
- Assisting the Board of Directors on fiscal matters, such as budgeting, levying special assessments, and establishing reserves.
- Addressing maintenance and repair issues and distinguishing between those projects which require Board approval and those which require unit owner approval.
- Drafting and reviewing contracts for the management, maintenance, repair, and operation of the community.
- Collection of delinquent dues and special assessments and related issues, including bankruptcies and foreclosures of owners.
- Counseling in the transition phase of the community's evolution from developer control.
- Counseling owner-controlled Associations on developer issues, including the resolution of warranty, accounting and representation claims, and the establishment of on-going operational controls.
- Compliance with applicable Federal laws, such as the Telecommunications Act of 1996, Fair Housing laws, and similar state and local statutes and ordinances.
- Reviewing loan documents for capital improvements.
- We provide aggressive defense to our owner association clients in litigation. Many insurance carriers select our firm to provide a defense to lawsuits against owner associations. And, we are often asked by existing clients to act as their insurance counsel in defense of lawsuits.
CONFIDENT is more than just a self-assured term for us.
At Martin Pringle, it’s the straightforward and simplified process by which we approach legal matters.