Meet Greg Drumright
Greg Drumright may be best known in Wichita as a former pitcher for the Wichita State Shockers baseball team. Within Wichita’s legal and business communities, however, Greg is known as a skilled litigation attorney. He represents clients in corporate litigation matters, including contract disputes, construction law, products liability, agricultural law, and general commercial liability matters. He has litigated in state and federal courts throughout the country. Greg is a graduate of the International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC) Trial Academy at Stanford Law School.
Greg represents clients in litigation matters, including contract disputes, insurance defense, and commercial liability actions. His clients include small/large businesses, OEMs, insurers, aviation businesses, suppliers, component manufacturers, agricultural enterprises, contractors and other clients in a broad range of commercial disputes.
Greg represents developers, homeowners, contractors, subcontractors, engineers, architects, and suppliers in a wide range of construction matters. He handles claims of defective materials, defective construction, as well as contract claims arising from building construction projects. Greg also advises clients on construction-related contract disputes and issues.
Greg has an active practice in products liability. He represents manufacturers, component manufacturers, suppliers, distributors and service facilities in wrongful death, personal injury and property damage claims. He also represents other industries in liability litigation pertaining to their products, including building materials and equipment, construction equipment, and agricultural products. Greg has litigated product liability claims throughout the United States. Greg also co-authored a chapter on the Joint Defense Doctrine in the 2008 Compendium on Evidentiary Privileges for Corporate Counsel published by DRI (Defense Research Institute).
Greg’s agricultural law practice includes representing farming cooperatives in litigation matters stemming from the application and distribution of fertilizers, pesticides and herbicides, and their effect on crop yields. Greg also handles claims of defective products, such as cattle feed, herbicides, and other miscellaneous equipment.
- Washburn University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2002
- Wichita State University, B.A., 1999
- Kansas, 2002
- Kansas Bar Association, Member
- Wichita Bar Association, Member
- DRI, Member
- DRI, Product Liability Section Member
- Kansas Association of Defense Counsel, Member
- TAGLaw, Member
Civic / Social Involvement
- Shocker Athletic Scholarship Organization (SASO), Board of Directors, Executive Committee-Elect
- Wichita Area Manufacturers Association, Member
- Washburn University School of Law Alumni Association, Member
- Wichita State University Alumni Association, Member
Published Articles / Presentations
- Co-Author. "The Joint Defense Doctrine - Cohesion Among Traditional Adversaries." Evidentiary Privileges for Corporate Counsel, 2008. Print.
- Co-Author. Kansas Association of Defense Counsel Amicus Brief in Support of Joint Defense and Common Interest Privilege. March 2008.
- Co-counsel in a product defect case filed in federal court against the manufacturer of road construction equipment by a plaintiff who was seriously injured while he was operating the equipment. After engaging in full-blown discovery, dispositive motions and a Daubert challenge, the case was successfully settled for a nominal amount.
- Co-counsel in a product defect case filed in state court against a component manufacturer of farming equipment by a plaintiff who brought claims for damage to the equipment. After filing a dispositive motion seeking the dismissal of all of plaintiff’s claims, the case was settled and dismissed without any money exchanging hands.
- Obtained the early dismissal of a federal court case filed against our client, the seller/distributor of steel, without the payment of any money after discovering and relying upon key evidence uncovered as part of our internal investigation post-suit.
- Obtained a favorable summary judgment ruling dismissing a breach of fiduciary duty claim against our client seeking millions of dollars in damages, and simultaneously obtaining favorable summary judgment rulings keeping alive our counterclaim for breach of fiduciary duty and our claim for damages in the millions. The rulings on summary judgment ultimately led to a substantial settlement on the eve of trial.
- Obtained a plaintiffs' jury verdict of roughly $2.3M, plus attorneys' fees, as co-counsel in a lawsuit involving the non-solicitation of customers and the misappropriation of customer information on behalf of a company in the financial services industry.
- Appealed a case to the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals as co-counsel which ultimately led to a favorable settlement for a foreign distributor of military defense equipment.
- Successfully obtained the dismissal of multiple cases across the nation as co-counsel against the manufacturer of general aviation aircraft.
- Successfully obtained the dismissal of a claim against a subcontractor in a dispute involving pricing and change orders for a mall construction project.
- Successfully defended a contractor as co-counsel in a jury trial involving a home construction remodel project.
Obtained a favorable summary judgment ruling on liability as co-counsel on behalf of a minority business owner in a breach of fiduciary duty case against the majority owners.
Awards & Recognition
Best Lawyers in America, 2020, 2021, 2022
CONFIDENT is more than just a self-assured term for us.
At Martin Pringle, it’s the straightforward and simplified process by which we approach legal matters.