Meet Martin Bauer
In over three decades of practicing law, Martin Bauer has developed deep roots and garnered the well-deserved respect of his peers in three distinct areas of practice. His knowledge and experience in commercial litigation, adoption, and bankruptcy are virtually unsurpassed. In his personal life, Martin is passionate about the arts and education. Professionally, he shows the same level of passion in the energy and commitment he brings to his clients’ legal matters.
Martin is a recognized leader in the field of commercial litigation. His practice includes bond failures, intra-corporate disputes, contract disputes among corporate entities, and eminent domain proceedings. Bond failures – whether resulting from a default on internal revenue bonds (IRBs) in the construction context or from the failure of a surety in the probate arena – create the potential for significant losses. Martin applies his knowledge in these areas to enforce the legal rights of all parties to be paid. He also assists corporate clients with the legal issues that surface when internal or external disputes arise. In addition, Martin has enjoyed success in assisting commercial landowners to obtain just compensation for real property taken by eminent domain. He has also represented condemning authorities – such as pipeline companies – in condemnation proceedings.
Martin is known, both nationally and internationally, as a preeminent adoption attorney. He frequently represents either adoptive parents or birth mothers who are seeking a loving, stable home for children through the permanency of adoption. Martin has vast experience in independent and private adoptions, including offering services that match prospective adoptive parents with birth mothers during pregnancy. He is intimately familiar with the requirements of the Interstate Compact for the Placement of Children (ICPC), the Indian Child Welfare Act (ICWA), and the issues that arise in contested adoptions. In addition, Martin understands the unique legal challenges that surrogacy agreements and artificial reproductive technologies create. His clients include adoptive couples from across the nation and around the globe.
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., with honors, 1975
- Kansas State University, B.A., 1971
- Kansas, 1975
- US District Court for Kansas, Appraiser
- American Association of Adoption Attorneys, President-Elect, 2004-2005
- Kansas Bar Association, Continuing Legal Education Committee
- Kansas and Wichita Bar Associations, Member
Civic / Social Involvement
- Arts Partners, Board of Directors
- National Assembly of State Arts Agencies, National Board of Directors
- Wichita Rotary Club, President,1997-1998
- Rainbows United, President, 1979-1984
- University of Kansas Alumni Association, Past President & Current Board of Directors, Wichita Chapter
- Kansas Arts Commission, Past President
Awards & Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell, AV Rating
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013 - 2023
- Best Lawyers, Wichita Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights, 2019
- Best Lawyers, Wichita Condemnation Lawyer of the Year, 2015
- Angel In Adoption by the Congressional Coalition on Adoption, 2007
- Kansas Super Lawyer, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Kansas Super Lawyer, Corporate Counsel Edition, Civil Litigation Defense, 2008
Published Articles / Presentations
- Author. Chapter on Adoption, Kansas Family Law Handbook. Print.
- Author. Bankruptcy Chapter, Kansas Bar Association Handbook. Print.
CONFIDENT is more than just a self-assured term for us.
At Martin Pringle, it’s the straightforward and simplified process by which we approach legal matters.