Martin Pringle’s Restaurant and Hospitality attorneys understand that it takes more than a great menu to make a successful restaurant or bar. Over the years, we’ve helped many of our cities’ most popular chefs and restauranteurs navigate myriad areas of the law – some of which are unique to the restaurant business; others which face all business owners. We understand the ins-and-outs of the hospitality and service industries and how federal and state laws as well as local regulations apply.
Attorneys in Restaurant & Hospitality
For decades, our Restaurant and Hospitality lawyers have been advising restaurant owners and food and liquor wholesalers – from family-owned, family-financed start-ups to local restaurant groups to regional and national chains and franchises.
We regularly assist restaurant owners with matters such as:
- Business entity selection, formation and organization
- Purchase and sale of restaurants
- Development of restaurant locations including leasing, land use and zoning, financing, licensing and permitting
- Drafting and negotiating commercial leases
- Employment law consulting, including employment policies and manuals, manager and employee training, and personnel classification
- Employment law compliance, including wage and hour matters, immigration, and discrimination and harassment claims
- Regulatory issues related to brewing and distilling regulations, Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance, advertising and promotion, retail product manufacturing and retailing and menu labeling
- Intellectual property matters such as trade secret protection and trademark research and registration
- Franchising and licensing
- Contract negotiation, review and enforcement, including suppliers, other vendors, and employees
- Business succession planning
- Federal, state, and local tax matters
- Risk management and litigation assistance including premises liability, dram shop liability, employment discrimination claims and suits, and food liability
- Workers compensation consulting and defense
Own or manage a restaurant, bar, brewery, distillery, or other food and beverage industry company and have questions? Give us a call and we’ll be happy to connect you with an attorney experienced in whichever areas are most relevant to you. Let us handle the legal matters so you can get back to your customers.
Scroll for more