Meet Teresa Adams
Teresa Adams graduated from Duke University in 1987. She received her law degree, cum laude, from Pace University School of Law in 1994. She was a member of the Pace Law Review and clerked on an interim basis for the Honorable Stanley R. Chesler, District Court Judge for the United States District Court, District of New Jersey. Teresa’s practice focuses mainly on research and brief writing for matters before both trial and appellate courts. She provides legal analysis, research, and writing for various civil litigation matters, including contested adoptions, products liability, medical malpractice defense, and energy matters.
Teresa is a seasoned legal writer, having concentrated her practice in this area since being admitted to the Kansas bar in 1995. She has authored legal memoranda submitted to state and federal appellate courts, as well as to the United States Supreme Court. Over the years, Teresa has enjoyed success briefing both procedural and substantive issues on appeal. She is familiar with the rules of civil and appellate procedure and is able to ferret out authority on even the most obscure points of law. Having practiced mainly in the civil litigation arena, Teresa is a strong advocate for Martin Pringle’s clients and stands ready to take on appellate assignments referred by outside counsel as well.
Much of Teresa’s professional attention is directed to litigation support at the trial level. She has successfully briefed many summary judgment and other dispositive motions, questions involving the admissibility of evidence, and various other issues that arise in the civil litigation context. In addition, Teresa has authored numerous trial briefs and other legal memoranda designed to provide an overview of a particular area of law for the trial court’s convenience. Teresa has spoken on legal research, analysis, and brief writing to newly-admitted and experienced attorneys alike.
- Pace University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 1994
- Duke University, A.B., 1987
- Kansas, 1995
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals, 2002
- United States Supreme Court, 2003
- Kansas and Wichita Bar Associations, Member
Awards & Recognition
- Best Lawyers in America, 2013 - 2023
- Best Lawyers in America, Lawyer of the Year - Appellate Practice, 2023
- Kansas and Missouri Super Lawyer, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Martindale-Hubbell, BV Rating
- Wichita Bar Association President's Award, 2005
- Michael G. Jones and Teresa L. Adams. "Justice and the Virus." Defense Research Institute, The Voice, 2020. Print and web.
CONFIDENT is more than just a self-assured term for us.
At Martin Pringle, it’s the straightforward and simplified process by which we approach legal matters.