Your Success Is Our Success
Many of Martin Pringle’s current roster of attorneys started out at the firm as Summer Associates. Our Summer Clerkship Program is designed to provide a glimpse of life as a new attorney at Martin Pringle. Summer Associates will assist attorneys on active client matters. They perform important research, analysis, and drafting and even accompany our attorneys to court hearings, trials, depositions, client meetings, and deal closings. The work performed by our Summer Associates is important, and we hold it to the same high standard as work performed by any attorney at Martin Pringle. As a Summer Associate at Martin Pringle, you will work directly with our partners on real matters, for real clients.
Our ideal candidates:
- Are excited about being a part of a dynamic team
- Will prioritize our culture rooted in core values of integrity, trust, teamwork, accountability, and inclusivity, which are detailed in the firm's Confident Code.
- Will demonstrate a commitment to aligning with our DEI initiatives
- Are passionate about community involvement. Check out our GoodWorks Committee
- Are looking for a place to grow your career for the long-term
- Are willing to bring your whole, authentic self
- Have a willingness to be challenged
- Are ready to have a seat at the table
NAIL YOUR ON-CAMPUS INTERVIEW
Relax….and remember, we’ve been there. This is your chance to learn more about the clerkship and the firm. It’s a mutual selection process, so bring your whole self. We want to get to know you outside of what your resume tells us. Our advice – do a bit of homework on those who are interviewing you AND the firm. It’s also a good idea to come with questions!
WHAT TO WEAR
What attire is appropriate for OCI and call-backs? Listen…we believe in if you look good, you feel good and that’s when you’re the most confident. Our best advice – dress for the job you want (lawyer), be yourself, but always keep your audience in mind. We care about getting to know you much more than your style.
DO I HAVE TO KNOW WHAT LAW I’D LIKE TO PRACTICE?
Absolutely not. Especially not at Martin Pringle – we do not have rigidly defined practice areas or silos in which we work. That said, if you do have an idea of what practice area(s) you may want to explore, let us know. Our goal is to expose you to as many types of law as possible throughout your summer.
BEST TIPS & TRICKS FOR A SUCCESSFUL SUMMER CLERKSHIP
- Think about what you can do to make the most of it.
- Bring your personality. What makes you unique?
- Be present. Our summer law clerks are invited to all attorney practice group meetings and we prepare a super fun summer of social activities. So show up!
- Get out of your comfort zone. Get to know as many attorneys and staff as possible.
- Turn in your work on time.
- Want feedback on your work? Ask for it. We value transparency in our training and mentorship programming. You will also have mid & end of summer reviews.
Contact our team to get started. We are looking forward to speaking with you.
CONFIDENT is more than just a self-assured term for us.
At Martin Pringle, it’s the straightforward and simplified process by which we approach legal matters.